COVID-19 PROTOCOLS for Building
Permits and Inspections
Building Department COVID-19 Policy Adjustments/Paonia, Colorado
In response to National, State and Local declarations and/or concerns regarding the Novel Coronav Coronavirus the following guidelines will be adhered to until further notice:
• There will be no inspections (inside or outside) for structures where a person is under self, or medically ordered quarantine.
• Interior inspections of unoccupied residential and commercial structures can still take place where quarantines are not in place. Unoccupied: The only people on site will be contractors, owners or owner’s representatives where the Building Department COVID–19 Policy Adjustments / Paonia, Colorado
project is under construction and where less than ten people are on site.
• Interior inspections of occupied residences and occupied commercial structures will be limited and will only take place where quarantines are NOT in place. Please call (970-275-4937) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to In response to National, State and Local declarations and/or concerns regarding the Novel Coronav discuss your project-needs and how best to approach the needed inspections.
• Exterior inspections can take place for all structures where quarantines are not in place.
• For your protection, and mine, there will be no handshakes or fist-bumps. Social distancing will be practiced. Respect for your health and mine is a must.
• If you have a permit that might soon expire please just let me know. That is the least of our worries right now and no-fee extensions are in order. Please make sure that you (the permit holder) are arranging for all required inspections – we haven’t thrown the process to the wind. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
• Town Hall office visits should be avoided – no unannounced office visits please. It is possible to meet outside with proper distancing, or even in the Community Room with prior arrangements and proper distancing. Please don’t hesitate to call or email (970-275-4937 /
email@example.com Thank you – Dan
Building Code and Enforcement
The town of Paonia does not endorse or recommend any contractor, engineering firm, abatement firm, or other third party private companies. Occasionally the Town will hire a third-party company to perform services for the Town when Town Staff is unable to perform a service, but the Town makes no recommendations as to who residents should hire to perform a service. If any person or company claims to be working on behalf of the Town or Represents that they are the preferred contractor of the Town please call the Town Office to report or confirm at 970-527-4101.