For more information regarding the position please click on the links below:
PUBLIC WORKS (2 positions available)
A full description is available at Town Hall. Minimum starting wage $16 per hour. The Town of Paonia is an Equal Opportunity and Second Chance Employer.
(Essential functions are those that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform with minimal supervision or with the assistance of reasonable accommodations.)
- Serve as a representative of the Town of Paonia, demonstrating a positive attitude and progressive actions through the display of professionalism, courtesy, and appropriate tact and discretion in all interactions with other employees and with the public.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment at an apprentice level.
- Provide after hours snow removal services and water and wastewater repairs.
- Provide street maintenance duties including, but not limited to, snow removal, storm drain maintenance, signage, street landscaping maintenance, and maintenance of associated equipment.
- Provide water distribution system maintenance and repairs including, but not limited to, repairs and/or modifications to any well, main water line, gate valve and box maintenance, and curb stop/meter pit services.
- Provide daily water system reporting as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide monthly water meter reads.
- Provide wastewater system maintenance including, but not limited to, repairs and/or modifications to any wastewater systems, service cleaning and adjusting, manhole cleaning, assisting in mainline repairs and identification markers.
- Provide daily wastewater reporting as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide facility and grounds maintenance including, but not limited to, HVAC maintenance, snow removal, mowing, weed control, plumbing, carpentry, and painting.
- Provide Park maintenance duties including, but not limited to mowing, weed control, irrigation system maintenance, trash removal, park equipment repairs and maintenance, sidewalk maintenance and maintenance of associated equipment.
Provide fleet and heavy equipment maintenance including, oil changes, tire rotation, and minor repairs.
- Attend and participate in Public Works Department safety meetings.
- Provide serviced for Town Parades and Special Events.
- Provide labor for office staff.
- Provide Supervisor with information regarding Municipal Code violations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Officer: (2 open positions)
The Town of Paonia is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer for the Paonia Police Department. Must submit to a full background check. Salary is DOQ. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This position is a 40 hour a week position, for a certified Police Officer as required by the POST Standards and Training Act. This is general law enforcement work, responsible for protecting life and property and enforcing laws and ordinances within the Town. Duties include investigations, special detail assignments, conducting traffic enforcement, preparing reports, participating in required training, administrative duties, and other special assignments as assigned by superiors.
Must be POST certified, or POST certifiable, have a valid Colorado driver’s license, be able to pass a psychological exam, background checks, and pre-employment drug test. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Salary DOQ. Range begins at $19.00 per hour.