Housing Needs Assessment and Action Plan
Started April 28, 2023, will wrap up mid-November 2023
The Town of Paonia has hired a consulting team, Urban Rural Continuum and Ayres Associates, who are tasked with using data to identify the housing needs and issues in the community (Needs Assessment) and developing a plan with the community to help meet that need (Action Plan). While this project will not solve all problems related to housing affordability, it will create a path for the community to address housing concerns.
The Action Plan will be informed by the issues identified in the Needs Assessment, and also reflect the desires of the community. Thank you to all of the community members who have participated including the Housing Task Force, employers, realtors, property managers, and many others.
Keep in mind that housing issues impact the community and public, private, and non-profit sectors have a role to play in the solutions.
Draft Housing Action Plan
The Board will review the draft Housing Action Plan during a work session on September 11. Written public comment will be accepted on the draft plan until the end of the day on September 17th. Please use this link to submit comments.
To sign up for project updates or to provide general project comments, please click here.
- Town Board Project Update 5 - 09/07/2023
- Housing Needs Assessment DRAFT 8.2023
- Housing Task Force Meeting 4 Summary - 08/31/2023
- Town Board Project Update 4 - 08/05/2023
- Housing Task Force Meeting 3 Summary - 08/01/2023
- Open House Summary - 07/13/2023
- Town Board Project Update 3 - 07/07/2302
- Existing Public Housing Resources - 06/2023
- Town Board Housing Update 2 - 06/09/2023
- Housing Task Force Meeting 2 Summary - 06/21/2023
- Housing Task Force Meeting 1 Summary - 05/24/2023
- Town Board Project Update #1, May 5, 2023